Our Fitness First Program is here to help you get acclimated to the Fitness Floor, build a workout routine, and excel to the next level!
Session 1: Tour & Orientation
Oakwood has a diverse fitness floor with an array of strength, cardio, plyometric and stability equipment. During your orientation you will meet with one of our staff to:
- Tour the fitness floor and be introduced to the layout and variety of Oakwood's equipment
- Understand the intricacies of our cardio and strength equipment and how to safely operate each piece to maximize your workout potential
- Review etiquette and guidelines unique to the fitness area
- Discuss past and current workout routines and goals
- Determine what changes can be made to help reach your fitness goals
Session 2:Assessements and Foundation work
- Assess your fitness status with any or all of the following assessments:
Blood Pressure/Heart Rate
Movement/Range of Motion
Cardiovascular Stress Test
- Evaluate and discuss your results, answering any questions you may have
- Based on your assessment and fitness goals, walk through strength exercises and cardio equipment to help you start your fitness regime at Oakwood!
Am I doing this right? Follow-up
You are always welcome to ask questions and review anything you have learned. Set-up a time to make sure you are doing it right!
Please come to each session ready for a workout.
All sessions must be complete within your first 60 days of membership.
Members outside of their first 90 days of membership interested in learning the strength equipment should inquire on the Fitness Floor about Oakwood's complimentary Introduction to Strength course. This course is hosted once a month. Exact dates and times are posted upstairs on the Fitness Floor.
Fitness First for TEENS know available. More information here.