Teen Fit First
The Teen Fitness First program is here to help teens gain the knowledge and experience necessary to allow them to comfortably and safely utilize the equipment on the fitness floor. This orientation may be used at any time between the ages of 13 and 19.
Session 1: Assessment and Goal Setting
During this session a Fitness Instructor will examine your fitness abilities, habits, and help with goal setting.
The instructor will meet with you to:
- Discuss fitness goals
- Review fitness floor and lifting etiquette
- Assess your current fitness level by taking baseline assessments including:
- Overhead squat assessment
- Measurements (optional)
Session 2: Programming
This session familiarizes you with the Fitness Floor and help you begin a workout routine.
The Instructor will:
- Teach you how to use weight training equipment
- Review exercises that are specifically targeted to assist in meeting your health and fitness goals
- Create a workout card to track your progress
More teen programming and information!
Please note the following guidelines:
Ages 13 to 17 years old
Must have parental supervision:
- Monday - Friday 5:00 pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday Open - 12:00 pm
During these hours, the parent must be on the floor or in the same room as the junior.
Ages 16 and 17 years old
Oakwood has expanded club privileges for teen members ages 16 and 17 to allow club use during prime time hours, unaccompanied by a parent.
In order to take advantage of this privilege, a 'Junior Expanded Use Agreement' must be on file. Please see membership for details.