Younger members of Oakwood Athletic Club may enjoy many of the Club's privileges. And like other members and guests, responsibilities accompany these privileges. Following is an outline of the privileges and responsibilities of children and juniors using the Club. Please review them with your youngsters.
For the purposes of these guidelines, "Children" are defined as those 12 years of age and younger. "Juniors" are defined as youngsters between the ages of 13 and 17.
The following guidelines are applicable to both children and junior members:
Shoes and cover-ups must be worn at all times, including prior to and following specialty classes and lessons.
Children and juniors are expected to behave politely at all times. Any disruptive behavior that interferes with, disturbs or prevents other members from using the club may result in a suspended or revoked membership.
Classes and Events
Children who are registered for a club supervised program; i.e., clinic, lesson, camp, class, etc. must be supervised by a parent or guardian immediately before and after the activity. Please check with the Activities Department for sign-in requirements of classes and programs. Children and juniors must check in at the front desk prior to entering the Club.
Junior locker rooms are to be used by all children who are unaccompanied by their parent and by juniors during Non-Junior Hours. Keys for these locker facilities may be obtained at the Front Desk. Children may not use or be in the adult locker rooms unless accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Boys 4 years old and older are not permitted in the women's locker room
- Girls 4 years old and older are not permitted in the men's locker room.
- Men are not allowed in the girl's junior locker room and women are not allowed in the boy's junior locker room.
- Juniors may only use the adult locker rooms unaccompanied by a parent during Junior Hours and must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in the revocation of this privilege.
CHILDREN – 12 YEARS AND YOUNGER
Children must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times when in the Club, unless participating in a supervised club activity or registered in Childcare.
Additionally, the following guidelines apply to children and their use of specific areas of the club:
Lobby and Other Lounge Areas – Children are not to be left alone and unsupervised in these areas of the club, including lounge areas in locker rooms.
Swimming Pool – Children must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian while in the pool area, and abide by all the posted pool rules. If a child is participating in a swim lesson and an instructor is present, the parent may leave the pool area. Please note, while instructors are teaching, they cannot be responsible for the safety of other children left unattended at the pool.
Fitness Center – Children are not permitted in the Fitness Center at any time.
Racquet Courts and Gym – Children may use these courts and facilities only if accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
Group Exercise Studios – Children are not permitted in the Studios unless they are participating in a supervised club activity specifically for children.
Sauna, Spa and Steam Room – Due to safety reasons, children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use these facilities. While the indoor and outdoor spas may be enticing to children, Oakwood Athletic Club adheres to health codes which deem spas to be unsafe for children under the age of 13. We ask that parents respect and follow this safety guideline of the Club.
JUNIORS – 13 TO 17 YEARS OLD
Juniors may use the club facilities without parental supervision only during Junior Hours as shown below.
Junior hours are as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 5:00 am - 5:00 pm & 9:00 pm-11:00 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
During Non-Junior Hours, all juniors must be supervised by a parent or guardian or be registered in a club supervised activity. Juniors ages 16 and 17 who have signed the Junior Expanded Use Agreement are the exception (see "Expanded Junior Usage").
Expanded Junior Usage for Juniors 16 and 17 years old
Oakwood Athletic Club has expanded club privileges for junior members ages 16 and 17 to allow club use during prime time hours, unaccompanied by a parent. Specifically, junior members 16 and 17 years old may use the club during all hours of operation. To activate this privilege, the following guidelines must be followed:
- The "Junior Expanded Use Agreement" must be signed by the junior and the parent or guardian in the presence of a club manager. Proof of age must be provided in order to activate this Agreement.
- Junior members 16 and 17 years of age must abide by all adult guidelines of the club. Expanded use privileges may be revoked if a junior's conduct is not in the best interest of the club and its members.
- Junior members ages 16 and 17 who have signed the expanded agreement may use the adult locker facilities.
- Adults have priority in registering for leagues and activities. Club management may determine what club programs are available to juniors.
- At no time may any member under the age of 18 bring a guest or supervise children or juniors under the age of 18.